Saturday, April 25, 2009
Hospital Visit
Yesterday I came home from classes not feeling so well. My back was hurting a little and I had some bad sinus issues so I took some Tylenol cold and sinus for the first time this entire pregnancy. Thinking that the tylenol would help with my back pain and the sinus part would also go away. As the night went on my pain kept getting worse and worse. I went upstairs about 9:30 to see if I could just sleep the pain away...yeah right!! Chris came upstairs to check on me about a hour later and by this time I was in tears and thought I was going to die. We called our doctor's office in Chattanooga and they told us to go to the ER. That is where the fun began. If you ever do not want to wait in the ER just tell them that you are pregnant and are having extreme pains they will get you right in. They admitted me into the Labor and Delivery part of the hospital and hooked me up to all those fun monitors. Paxton heart beat was as strong as ever staying in the 150. They ran several test and quickly ruled out that I was in labor which was a huge relief. Not knowing what was going on they gave me some pain medicine which toke about an hour to kick in. We ended up spending the night in the post pardon area. This morning they did an ultrasound and took pictures of everything inside me. After all this they believe that it was a kidney infection...they will not know until the test comes back. Needless to say we are home now and I am doing much better. The pain is still there just not as bad. We just want to thank God that Paxton was not trying to make his grand arrival this early.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm glad you're ok! Paxton needs to roast in the oven a little longer! :-)
ReplyDelete